Do you recall … the most famous holiday movies of all? | Charleston Scene
If you need more than Black Friday and holiday lights going up around town to get you in the Christmas spirit, the City of Charleston’s annual Holiday Parade downtown on Sunday should do the trick. The basset hounds are a personal favorite, but the entire parade is a lot of fun for the family. Our current Head2Head champion is Ellen Swanson, and her opponent is Michael Bryant who’s taking online classes.
The Holiday Parade begins at 3 p.m. and travels on Broad and King streets.
1. In what Christmas romantic comedy does a character named Natalie fall in love with the British prime minister played by Hugh Grant?
2. What is the name of George Bailey’s guardian angel in “It’s a Wonderful Life”?
3. What did Ralphie want for Christmas in “A Christmas Story”?
4. In what Christmas movie does Buddy travel from the North Pole to find his father in New York?
5. In what movie does Judy Garland sing “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”?
6. What movie features the Island of Misfit Toys?
7. What year did the original “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” come out?
8. In the “Polar Express” movie, what is the first gift of Christmas?
9. What Christmas movie has a rabbit named Hocus Pocus?
10. What actor played Scrooge in “A Muppets Christmas Carol?”
1. I don’t know that I’ve seen this one.
3. He wants some kind of BB gun.
5. “Meet Me in St. Louis.”
8. A snowflake?
9. “Frosty the Snowman.”
10. Is it Michael Caine?
1. Don’t know.
3. A BB gun.
5. Don’t know.
6. Is that the “Rudolph” movie?
7. In the eighties?
8. It’s a bell.
9. Don’t know.
10. It’s one of those British guys.
Swanson has hung on for a second week as our Head2Head trivia champion and will return next to defend her title.
1. Love Actually
3. BB gun
5. Meet Me in St. Louis
6. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
8. Bell from Santa’s sleigh
9. Frosty the Snowman
10. Michael Caine
Sent from my iPhone