MSI GODLIKE Gaming Z370 Motherboard Review
MSI Godlike Gaming Z370
When it comes to picking a high-end motherboard, you’re not exactly short on options. Every big name brand has some part to play, with an extreme motherboard that can unlock the full potential of your new CPU, GPU and other components. However, few come with more features than the Godlike Gaming Z370 from MSI, one of the most extreme consumer Z370 motherboards we’ll likely ever see.
Equipped with support for the latest 8th Gen Intel Core CPUs, such as the i5-8400, i5-8600K, and i7-8700K which we recently reviewed. Many were sceptical, myself included, about the whole “new motherboard just for the 8th gen” CPU fiasco. However, after seeing their real-world performance for gaming, all is forgiven. Can the Godlike deliver even better performance? I certainly hope so, so let’s take a look at what you get for your investment!
- Supports 8th Gen Intel® Core™ / Pentium® / Celeron® processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports DDR4-4133+(OC) Memory
- Killer xTend: Combine a built-in-switch with wireless extender. Killer fueled LAN & WIFI extender with ultimate traffic prioritization.
- Mystic Light and Mystic Light Sync: Personalize your PC with 16.8 million colours / 17 effects controlled in one click with the Mystic Light APP or a mobile device.
- Lightning Fast Game experience: Triple Turbo M.2 with M.2 Shield V2, Turbo U.2 with Steel Armor, Lightning USB 3.1 Gen2 with front gen 2 type-C.
- Xtreme Audio DAC with Nahimic 2: Isolated audio with ESS DAC, 2x audio processors & Nahimic 2+ to deliver the breathtaking sound quality with 384kHz/32-bit.
- DDR4 Boost with Steel Armor: Fully isolated and shielded DIMM slots to protect DDR4 modules and delivers pure data signals for best gaming and overclocking.
- MULTI-GPU: Supports NVIDIA SLI™ and AMD CrossFire™ with optimal slot placement for the best airflow.
- Triple Killer™ LAN plus Killer™ WIFI: Get ready for the lowest latency with Killer’s exclusive network management to prioritize game traffic over any other network traffic.
- VR Ready: Best virtual reality game experience without latency, reduces motion sickness.
- BIOS Flashback+: Simply use a USB key to flash any BIOS within seconds, without installing a CPU, memory or graphics card.
- Military Class 5, Guard-Pro: Latest evolution with high-quality Japanese components for best protection and efficiency.
- In-Game Weapons: Xsplit, Game Boost, GAMING Hotkey, X-Boost, WTFast.
- EZ Debug LED: Easiest way to troubleshoot.
- Click BIOS 5: Award-winning BIOS with high-resolution scalable font, favourites and search function.
- GAMING CERTIFIED: 24-hour on- and offline game and motherboard testing by eSports players.
Check out the full range of features and specifications on the official product page here.
There are more features on this motherboard than even most enthusiasts will ever use. Three LAN ports and Killer WiFi certainly takes care of your networking needs. However, I’m super excited to see some proper enthusiast audio hardware here too, such as the DAC and NAhimic 2, with the addition of a gold plated 6.35mm jack on the rear I/O, which is properly cool! Triple M.2, U.2, Optane, overclocking, RGB, armour, the list goes on and on. Let’s just skip ahead, and take a look at the design!
What’s in the Box
If you thought the feature list was long, pull up a comfortable chair, as the added components stack up pretty quickly too. First we have this lovely pull-tie bag.
In the bag, you’ll find a bunch of flat and braided SATA cables, lighting extension cables, USB bridge cable and hub, Wi-Fi antenna, a metal sticker, and gold plated headphone adapter.
The cables are superb quality too. Most of them are black and grey, however, you also get two black and red ones to keep things interesting.
But Wait, There’s More!
All the usual documentation is included too, as well as a bunch of cable stickers to keep things in order.
Need even more M.2 storage to boost those loading times? You get a slick looking M.2 RAID card included in the box, which features armour on each slot.
Tired of having the same old rear I/O? The stock one comes with magnetic covers, allowing you to tweak the design to your liking.
Finally, get your chassis lighting game on with ease, thanks to this 450mm Phanteks Rainbow Strip. It hooks straight up to the motherboard and will sync with the motherboard. Right, now onto the motherboard!